- Inference using a new topological statistic, the persistence landscape, Topological data analysis and machine learning theory, Banff International Research Station (BIRS), October 18, 2012.
- Towards statistical topology: homology, persistent homology and persistence landscapes, Statistics, Geometry, and Combinatorics on Stratified Spaces Arising from Biological Problems, Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, May 22, 2012.
- Categorification of applied topology, DARPA Mathematics Summit, Incline Village, NV, February 21, 2012.
- Persistent homology and statistical inference: Persistence Landscapes, AMS Special Session on Computational and Applied Topology, Joint Mathematical Meetings, Boston, MA, January 5, 2012.
- Nonparametric regression for topology, applied to brain imaging data, University of Virginia, October 15, 2010.
- Assembling geometric data using statistics for topology, Ohio State University, February 19, 2010.
- Concurrency and quasi-categories: cubes, simplices, necklaces and horns, GETCO 2010: Geometric and Topological Methods in Computer Science, Aalborg, Denmark, January 14, 2010.
- Algebraic topology and statistics, and Persistent homology of functions, NSF/CBMS conference on Algebraic topology in applied mathematics, August 4, 2009.
- Persistent homology and nonparametric regression, Data Analysis using Computational Topology and Geometric Statistics, Banff International Research Station (BIRS), March 10, 2009.
- Estimating the topology of functions on manifolds from noisy samples, Joint Mathematical Meetings, Washington, DC, January 6, 2009.
- Multivariate Topological Data Analysis, Duke University, November 20, 2008.
- A mathematical model for concurrent parallel computing, University of Oregon, November 11, 2008.
- Models and van Kampen theorem for directed homotopy theory, University of Oregon, November 11, 2008.
- Introduction to directed homotopy theory, given at the Special Session on Homotopy Theory at the 2008 Fall Central Section Meeting Kalamazoo, MI, October 17-19, 2008.
- Extremal models of concurrent systems, the fundamental bipartite graph, and directed van Kampen theorems, given at Algebraic Topological Methods in Computer Sciences 2008, Paris, France, July 7-11, 2008.
- Statistical persistent homology, given at the workshop Computational Algebraic Topology, Oberwolfach, Germany, June 29 - July 5, 2008.
- Directed topology and concurrent computing, given at the University of Akron, OH on April 24, 2008.
- Directed topology for concurrent systems, given at John Carroll University, OH on November 12, 2007.
- A mathematical model for parallel computing, given at the University of Guelph, Canada on August 15, 2007.
- Quillen and concurrency, given at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley, CA on October 30, 2006.
- A statistical approach to persistent homology, given at the Workshop on the Application of topology in science and engineering, at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley, CA on September 21, 2006.
- A statistical approach to persistent homology, given at the 34th Annual Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada at UWO on May 31, 2006.
- An introduction to the geometry and topology of point cloud data, given at John Carroll University, OH on September 19, 2005.
- A statistical approach to algebraic
topology, given at
de Statistique, EPFL on June 10, 2005.
- Using context and model categories to define
directed homotopies, given at
algébriques et topologiques du calcul on March 18, 2005.
- Persistent homology and directional
statistics, given at
Workshop on the Geometry of Very Large Data Sets on Feb. 25, 2005.
- Context for models of concurrency, given at
Geometric and Topological Methods in Concurrency and Distributed Computing
on Oct 4, 2004.
- Towards a model category for local
po-spaces, given at
Topological Methods in Computer Science, II on July 18, 2004.
back to my home page