INDIA EXPERIENCE: Realization of a dream
Saturday, July 21, 2001
"The visit today made me realize that if I had any ailment at all, steam baths, herbal treatments, and cows would be the first thing I would treat it with."
"George is the best bus driver in all the world."
Sarah M Gallop
"Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to man... originated 2500 years ago in India."
"The whole experience of talking to the doctor, oil treatment and facial was useful to me."
"All of South Asia, and for that matter the world, could learn a valuable lesson from Kerala regarding the strong cultural unity among Malayalees despite the wide array of religious faiths."
"An accreditation board from this Nation's Capital came today and saw a profound difference in a group of students they had never met before but seemed more Indianized than many Indians."
"It was wonderful and relaxing to visit the Ayurveda doctor. The pulse-reading was surprisingly correct, too. "
Kathleen M Jelen
"Ayurveda is wonderful. The doctor told me how I was feeling just by taking my pulse."
"At the Naturopathic clinic, we discovered some of the wonders of nature. Strolling through a hidden path, we were surrounded by lush greenery. I can now identify more than one medicinal plant."
Jarrod D Gray
"The natural health facility was interesting because they only use natural topic medicines compared to Ayurvedic facilities that may prescribe internal medicines."
"We actually had an entire afternoon to ourselves. I really needed it to catch up on things."
"We had the opportunity to be present at Loyola College when the national accreditation board came. They were interested in our stay in India. They took time out of their schedule to speak with us."
"Relaxing is what I enjoy doing these days."
Welcome to Photo Session
1. Fr. Antony Padiyara addressing the session
2. Another snap of Fr. Antony Padiyara addressing the session
3. Fr. Antony Padiyara addressing the CSU group
4. A physician of Naturopathy Center addressing the CSU group
5. Another snap of the physician of Naturopathy Center addressing the CSU group
6. Elise Karberg and Sarah M Gallop with the physician of Naturopathy Center
7. Jarrod D Gray, Unnikrishnan, Kristin Burney, and Gretchen Martin at Naturopathy Center
8. Vincent Shoham at Naturopathy Center
9. "All My Sons". Prof. Murali Nair with Vincent Shoham and Unnikrishnan. Jarrod reading newspaper.
10. Vincent Shoham playing a game of Shuttle Badminton at Naturopathy Center
11. Gretchen Martin and Elise Karberg with a physician at Naturopathy Center
12. Unnikrishnan with the physicians from Naturopathy Center
13. Ms. Maritza with the physicians at Naturopathy Center
14. Ms. Maritza with her host family
15. Ms. Maritza with the ladies of her host family
16. Ms. Maritza helping her hostess to prepare supper
17. Ms. Maritza and her host family ladies in kitchen
18. Another snap of Ms. Maritza with her host ladies
19. Ms. Maritza learning to make dosa from her hostess
20. Another snap of Ms. Maritza making dosa under guidance from her hostess
21. The three generations: the ladies of host family of Ms. Maritza
Another snap of the three generations: the
ladies of host family of Ms. Maritza
Back to Summer 2001